do you have more friends that have your same political affiliation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Don't know, not a requirement to be our friends.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:18 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes, most of us think both sides are out of control idiots. The Republicans don't have hearts and the Democrats don't have brains, and they refuse to work together to bring out the best on both sides.

Anonymous

• I don't care what affiliation they have BUT I do care if their reason is not thought out. I like to see people use thier brain. Voting for Obama because he is black is a very uneducated vote (and yes, I have heard this reason) But my side benefits my family more wheras the other party will benefit that person more makes sense.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2010

• No, most of my friends have opposing views. Luckily we are much more respectful of one another's beliefs than the women on this site.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I am not sure. I don't ask and most of us don't discuss politics in order to avoid fights.LOL. I think most of the neighbors are conservative...and I am not...so I don't mention politics. I didn't discuss the election at all. Many are against abortion,gay marriage,etc. It is more important for us to get along,I think. My SIL is very conservative ( my daughter is not....)so we NEVER talk politics at family gatherings. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:26 PM on May. 27, 2010

• A good mix.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:30 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Of my closest friends, women I've known since high school, some even elementary school, we all turned out the same, very liberal. Only one of my really close friends is a republican, and not just any republican, an extreme religious right wing republican....we do.not.ever. talk politics. As for newer friends that I've made in adulthood, I really don't ask or talk politics with them, if they make a comment that lends me to believe they feel the same as I, I'll let them know, but if they say something that makes it clear they do not feel the same as I, I say nothing, absolutely nothing.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:42 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:45 PM on May. 27, 2010

• well my best friend (other than my hubby ) is as bleeding heart liberal....LOL other than that it is a good mix. Someof us talk politcs and some of us don't.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:52 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My group of friends are all over the place- it can get a little heated at times, but in the end we all respect each others beliefs =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:58 PM on May. 27, 2010