what if??

If you lost all you income today, what would you do? Do you have lots of savings? If so would you spend it all before you asked for help? Do you have lots of food stored up--if so would you apply for FS or go to the food shelf before you ran totally out? Would you beg, borrow , or steal, would you take up hunting for food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A days income wouldn't make or break us.
    Anonymous

• Well, thank God my DH's gift is still a precious commodity in his industry. Despite the drop in the economy, the HUGE drop in the horse market, his job as a trainer is still as necessary as ever.

We don't have much by way of savings any more, due to unfortunate events... Uhaul rolling on the ice and all of our things breaking and ruining, and a recent housefire... we have suffered a lot of loss this last year. But, God said this is our year for increase, and it shall be done!

And honestly, if it came to my family needing food, I'd sure enough pull weeds in an old man's garden in exchange for some of its fruits and veggies! My DH can hunt and fish, so I think we'd be pretty set. And I wouldn't mind calling up the Flitners and asking about living on the mountain in the cabin with propane lightbulbs and pumped water!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:27 PM on May. 27, 2010

• apply for gov help. turn to fam. look for another job. we dont have land to hunt or we would. when we move we plan on having woods and a pond and a big garden.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If we lost everything we would move in with family. RIght now we could last a few months on savings but then we would be out of money. Fortunately we have good relationships with both parents and they would help us as much as they could. I would have no shame applying for public assistance if I needed it, that is what it is there for.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:57 PM on May. 27, 2010

• well let's see... i lost all my income about two weeks ago. i had a paycheck coming, but since i am familiar with bureacracy, i applied for assistance and unemployment immediately. in order to hunt for my food i would need to spend alot of money on guns, licenses, trips to hunting areas - um, i don't have money for that. i suppose there are squirrels and pigeons in my backyard - could probably make a slingshot, but i'd probably starve to death before i got enough to live on. i have a dog and a cat - guess i could probably look up recipes for them... not sure i'd be able to kill them tho.
    Anonymous

• plant a garden!! even though it is really a lot of time to wait for the actual fruit/vegie and you still need to buy the seeds. i still think it'd be a way to go if that did happen. see if there's any help in assistance and i think we'd be better off moving to another state. hopefully find something dirt cheap and we could fix up.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:42 PM on May. 27, 2010

• We could survive, if we were frugal, for a few months.
    Anonymous

• I lost all my income 2 years ago. My husband has been working off and on. We're living off what was to be my retirement account. So yeah, we're alright, for now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:16 PM on May. 27, 2010