How much do you spend on your child's birthday party...

...and what does it all include (venue, food, for how many people, games, etc.)?

m.j.77

Asked by m.j.77 at 3:04 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 300 on the venue 100 on food 50 on cake and decorations and 100 on a gift. About 20 guests.
    Anonymous

• We set a budget of between $200-$300 every year, but only because it's right at the time that we get a tax refund and we have the extra cash. That includes everything from food to games and even gifts. We do gifts first, then food, then games, then anything left over is how we decide where it'll be. Usually about 10 or so kids there along with their grownups, so quite a few. Food wise we only do a homemade cake that Kiwi picks the decoration for, cookies, fruit/veggie trays, soda/coffee for grownups and juice or koolaid for the kids.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:09 PM on May. 27, 2010

• For my twins' 2nd birthday party I spent $140 to rent a bouncer, about $20 for baking supplies to make cupcakes, about $20 for drinks and ice, and about $40 on each for gifts. We had the party at our house, so the total was about $260 divided by two kids since it was a party for both of them = about $130 per birthday child. We had about 15 kids and maybe 10 adults.
    Anonymous

• Thanks guys! We're planning a party at Goofy's Kitchen (Disneyland Hotel) and my list has 20 people; at approx $35 per person, this will be a little hard on our pocket. =( My husband thinks its worth it.
    m.j.77

Answer by m.j.77 at 3:17 PM on May. 27, 2010

• we always had our parties at our house and never spent over about 150 bucks...I make the cakes (that's the way the kids want it)
    IF we do something else- they get 1 or 2 friends that can go with
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:28 PM on May. 27, 2010

• i'm having my dd's 4th bday at pump it up it costs $250 to rent it her cake is $50.00 and we're getting her a bike that is around $60.00
    Anonymous

• We just had my 7 yr old's party. I think it's kind of ridiculous the amount some people spend on parties. A friend of mine spent $2000 on her son's party last year, not including his gifts. If I had that kind of money I would set it aside for my child's future instead of wasting it on extravagant things. But that's just me. We had the party at our house. It was originally going to be at the local park, but we moved it due to rain. The kids made necklaces and bracelets and played a couple of games and ate homemade cupcakes. I spent less than $25 for the jewelry supplies, the decorations, and the cupcakes and the kids had a blast and my daughter said it was the best birthday ever! I'm glad I didn't need to spend $2000 or even $200 for her to be happy.
    Anonymous

• for my daughters 5th bday i spent about 350...we had it at the local rec centre, so they had lots of stuff to do, huge bouncy castle, hockey basketball, hula hoops, skipping ropes, lil cars to ride on, parachute, gymnastics stuff..it was awesome!!! my friend made the cake, did cheese n crackers, fruits and veggies, juiceboxes..plus the gift bags for all the kids..there were 21 kids all together!! only reason why i spent so much was because i had never thrown a bday party for my daughter..its always just been family!!! so she deserved it!!!! this year again, we didnt do anything, it was her first year of kindergarten, so we were getting used to all the kids and fmailies and what not..so NEXT year we will be doing another one!! plus this year i just couldnt afford it!! :( (single mom, no help from my ex) i feel about this year..but..i just couldnt
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:41 PM on May. 27, 2010

• DDs 2nd birthday- We spent about $200 at Chuck E Cheese, which included all the food, cake, tokens for her guests to play games.

DDs 3rd birthday- We did it at home and spent less than $100 because we ordered pizza and I baked her cake. She had a BLAST. I will probably be doing it again next year as well ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:43 PM on May. 27, 2010

• $50, not including our gift.

Homemade cake and ice cream, handmade invitations, hand crafts for the kids to do as they came in, simple decorations (balloons and streamers), goody bags made of decorated paper lunch bags filled with stickers, pencils, whatever craft the kids made and a polaroid of the child at the party...

We always asked parents of kids attending to limit the value (not purchase price) of gifts to under $15.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:10 PM on May. 27, 2010