How long does it take to start ovulating again once you've stopped taking the pill ???

Ive only been on the pill for 2 months.But my DH and I decided that we want to try for a baby.I know they say to wait for a cycle or two before trying,but I am willing to take that chance.So I'm trying to find when or how soon you can ovulate once you have stopped taking the pill.It's not like I have been on the pill for years or anything cause that's all I have been reading on the internet is that if you have been on it for a while then it could take up to a year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I got preggo the first month off the pill after being on it for 2 years
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:14 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I'm sure it varies by women, but if it helps any I stopped taking my pills (Yaz) on April 13th, and my very next cycle I ovulated, which was May 12th
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:14 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I got preggo that first month after I went off the pill, both times.
    Anonymous

• If I am right, you still continue to ovulate. Some pills just do different things. I took a pill for years that simply prevented an egg to attach to the wall, should it become fertilized. But with both my babies it was within one month after stopping. It's all timing of when the sperm reaches the egg. I think sperm stay alive in there for up to 72 hours. Just have sex every day, that's what we did LOL
    Anonymous

• but i want to know how many weeks approx does it take for ovulation to happen once you stop the pill?
    Anonymous

• Well That really all depends on your monthly cycles. We can't possibly give you an approx time frame. I think it would just be safe to say that you should ovulate 2 weeks after getting your first period once your off of the pill
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:57 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I was on the pill almost 12 years and it didn't even take 3 months....don't listen to the myths!!!
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 6:36 PM on May. 27, 2010