Am I the only one with a husband who won't wear clothes that fit?

My husband always buys clothes a size larger than he needs. He will stretch out any shirts that he thinks are "too snug". Drives me absolutely crazy! He looks so nice when he puts on a shirt that fits him properly, but he takes it off as soon as possible and puts on a big baggy shirt.

juliebulie

Asked by juliebulie at 3:22 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• my husband doesn't do this, but I just had to comment on your name! lol That's my sister's nickname and my niece says it ALL THE TIME! I love it! hehe
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:25 PM on May. 27, 2010

• lol...mine buys bigger too. He's a truck driver and I guess oversized tshirts and jeans ijust what he feels most comfortable in. His pants even hang down..which drives me absolutley INSANE! The full moon is always out at our house,lol. I don't even know how he keeps his pants from falling to his akles to be honest with you,lol.
    I have bought him some nice clothes for special occasions...(and they FIT right too) and thankfully he will wear them when we go somewhere like out to dinner and stuff.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:26 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My husband does that (ugh) but He's a fairly big and tall man. Not fat but he isn't so trim if you will. Anyways it's his preference of clothing and I don't want to seem like I'm trying to change him so I just go with it. In the beginning he tried to get me to wear the kind of clothes he likes..more urban wear but I prefer dresses and skirts and girly girl things, it was frustrating cuz I only ended up looking like a lil girl. We just let each other be.
    Anonymous

• My hubby doesn't do this, but he cannot put on clothes that match to save his life LOL I am always telling him before we leave the house to change his clothes lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:27 PM on May. 27, 2010

• my dh doesn't do this.. he is fairly tall and thin. If he did do that it would look like he was swimming in
    the clothes !! Sometimes clothing is hard to buy for him bc of his body shape.

Anonymous

• My husband recently lost a lot of weight. Like 20 lbs and he looks so good. He isn't a skinny minny either, but it makes such a difference when he wears clothes that fit. I love it when his shirts aren't all baggy and loose. I try to let it go, but I get so pissed when I see him stretching out new shirts that I was just sitting there thinking how good they looked on him. Ugh!!!
    juliebulie

Answer by juliebulie at 3:48 PM on May. 27, 2010

• maybe b/c he wasnt' comfortable with his size before he wants his clothes bigger to hide what his brain hasn't realizied isn't there anymore woman do it too. Just keep telling him how good he looks and maybe it will help...,
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 4:02 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My DH does the same thing. He always buys XL and size 34/35 pants, but he really can wear a L and a 31 or 32/35 pant. I think he wears clothes that are too big so that he feels like he is bigger than he really is. He is always upset about how skinny he is. lol
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:06 PM on May. 27, 2010

• LOL mine is worse! He wears size 3xL and will NOT wear anything smaller. He is sooo skinny too. He could probably fit a medium just fine.
    Anonymous

• Nope DH is the opposite. He hates spending money on clothes for himself, so all he buys is Walmart/ Target.. He gets what *just* fits him..And expects to wear it.. NO! You dont stand still all day with your hands by your side! Lift them up. See you belly?! Sit down, see your back/ass.... Just cause it fits over your head doesnt mean it actually fits! lol
    Last time I told him to go a size up & he told me *I* was the one shrinking his clothes in the wash! (we use cold water)...
    But I still love him! :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:43 PM on May. 27, 2010