Do you have a home business?

Do you have a home business? Is it successful? Did it take you a long time to get motivated to grow your business?
I started with a home business about 8 months ago that I really love ~ the product, the company ~ everything. But, I just can't seem to get my but in gear to get it working. I know it is me, not the company or the product. I see others around me excelling and I am standing still... I know I should be doing more, but can't seem to get it together and stick with it. So, I am here looking for suggestions and other stories.

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• This is what comes with business, unfortunately. Look at Donald Trump, he had to work hard for years before he finally got to be where he is. There are lots of people with very successful home and businesses ran outside the home that are very well off financially, but it took years of hard work and dedication to get there. You can to really sit down and ask yourself if this is how you want to achieve success, or are you just doing it for fun? Is this business going to make you lots of money, or does it really even have that kind of potential? If the answer is No, then don't waste your time and energy. Go find yourself something that you can really see making your future goals.

(I'm sorry to sound like a mom giving a daughter "boyfriend" advise) LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:31 PM on May. 27, 2010

• That was great advice! I'm not looking to be a millionaire, but I do want to make a few extra hundred bucks. I know it can be done if I put my mind to it ~ and I also know it takes time to achieve this. But, like I said, I just can't seem to keep myself motivated enough to get to the next level...
    I am thinking of looking into Dani Johnson's website for some motivation and advice.
    Anonymous

• That does not come with business, your training is what should motivate you. If you need motivation id love to help. we have outstanding training! http://www.emmaweekly.com

As kiyosaki says the products dont matter, dont look at how wonderful the products are for everything, good products are good, but that wont make you succeed. look how patient, caring, your leaders are. the training you will get and if you feel the people really do care for your well being.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:48 PM on May. 27, 2010

• That is why I was thinking of checking out more of Dani Johnson's stuff. I was thinking I needed to lean more in the way of training and such instead of pushing my product. Just need to get started and stick with it this time! I will definitely check out your training too! Thanks so much and keep the responses coming!!
    Anonymous

• You go girl! But our training is not visible in the link i gave you up top.

I'd be happy to chat with you about your needs if you'd like, call anytime. 207-998-2505
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:37 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Motivation is tough, especially when you are raising a family as well. I guess I would have to tell you to take it day by day. Try to put together a plan whereas you are working on your business at least a couple of hours per day. Set that time aside after the kids go to bed, or get up earlier then they do in the AM, it can even be at nap time. Make that your business time period. I haven't looked into the training you are referring to, but if it's free, it couldn't hurt. There are so many free things to learn from on the internet. If you go to warriorforum.com, there are always great answers about business questions, so that might help you to grab a few.

Good luck.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:37 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I have two, one is direct sales. I sale for Premier Designs and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their stuff and have great success with it. The other is my own company called Walnut Creek Designs, I make and sale jewelry and clothes for little girls, I also make tutus. After this weekend I will have some of my stuff on my Cafe Mom profile. This time next year my photography business will also be up and going!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:51 PM on May. 28, 2010

• There is a great book called The Accidental Salesman by Chris Lyttle. You need to read it.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on May. 30, 2010