How often do you clean your oven? (inside) lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• embarrassed3  times a year or so, unless there was some major spillage.

Anonymous

• Not often enough! Not even close! I have a self cleaning oven, but it doesn't work anymore. I really only do it before my MIL comes over!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:36 PM on May. 27, 2010

• only if something gets in there and smokes when i turn it on or when i move lol
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:37 PM on May. 27, 2010

• It depends on what you use. You can clean it with baking soda or cleanser (Bar Keepers Friend) as often as it needs.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:38 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Every week, I'm very fastidious about it.

Having difficulty keeping a straight face here...

OK, so it's about once ever 3-4 months. I spot clean spills so it just doesn't get that bad. I use that spray cleaner, Easy Off maybe? I just hate doing it because my oven is up against a corner so I can only access it from one side and I'm short which means I need to lean way over and down to get the back corners. There's about 6 square inches at the back that I just can't reach so I need to wrap a rag around a wooden spoon to do that bit and still I get a residual smell the first few times I use it after cleaning.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:38 PM on May. 27, 2010

• About once a month...its a self cleaning oven so I really don't have to do a lot of work,lol.
    Some how the inside gets too messy in there for my liking from spills...or people in this house baking pizza right on the rack,lol. It drives me crazy and ends up smelling like burning food when I use the oven the next time around so I have to clean it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:38 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I only do it when the oven starts smoking for some reason, lol. We've been in our new home about 18 months and I've done it twice....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:41 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Only when I move. I don't use my oven often and it still looks spotless 6 months after I moved in here. Not a spot of food anywhere inside the oven...yay me! Kid cuisines and frozen pizza is about all that ever goes in there.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:44 PM on May. 27, 2010