Melaleuca...

Just wondering if anyone uses or has used Melaleuca products and what your thought are on them and the company. I have heard of them for the past several years, but until recently haven't given is serious thought of using them. I also hear you can make some money when being a customer by referrals?? I don't want to join as a distributor as I have another home business I am getting off the ground, but just wanted some advice.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Health

• I'm a happy customer. :-) Their products are great!! They are much more effective than other products, and much safer! I'm building a business as well, however I'm not a distributor. We don't sell the products! I'd love to give you information about the products if you're interested, message me if you are.

Take Care,

Erika
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:49 PM on May. 27, 2010

• no one with melaleuca is a distributor....you don't sell it....but everyone who joins is essentially starting a businessvery much like an MLM or pyramid scheme, even though some with the company will swear it's not.

When you join Melaleuca you agree to spend $XX every month. I believe it's now $65 a month (or close to it). And you make money by hounding everyone you know and don't know to sign up and agree to the same.

Their products are ok, but very expensive and most who join find they can't find too many people to join up as well and they get too many products piling up as they can't use that much in a months time.

You can make all your own cleaning products for a LOT less.....I make my own soaps, laundry detergent, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, sunscreen, household cleaner, even makeup for a heck of a lot less. And some of Melaleucas products aren't "all natural" everything I make is.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:49 PM on May. 27, 2010

• great stuff! lasts forever.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:34 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I like it a lot -- lightly scented for the most part, low in unnecessary toxic chemicals, quality effective cleaners that are sold in concentrate (so you don't have to pay for so much water to be trucked around) ... it's expensive (except compared to other premium brands, like Arbonne), but I feel it's worth it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:07 PM on May. 27, 2010

• First off, I was allergic to just about everything I tried...
    Second off, I have done some research on their products, and I find it amazing that they never actually let you know what their ingredients... Once you start to actually find out what is in them, you'll find out they aren't really half as green as they want you to think.
    Third, they are very expensive... Sure they last, but you have to continue to buy month after month after month even if you don't need anything...

See this...
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Millions-Against-Melaleuca-and-other-Fake-Natural-Companies/331469814229?ref=ts

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:09 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I love the products & just want to clarify some things.

You don't HAVE to start a business. MOST of the customers who shop with Melaleuca are JUST that; Customers. They don't want a check, they don't get a check, they just save on everyday products that everyone uses.

You don't HAVE to order products every month...just like you don't HAVE to bathe, brush teeth or wash clothes ~ it's just Really Recommended. If you choose NOT to be a Preferred Customer (30-40% off retail plus getting a discount & savings online in stores like Office Depot, Eddie Bouer, Nike & thousands on new car purchases), you simply order whenever you want & pay the RETAIL price, which is still less than the ones of similar value in the store.

Sometimes, over-enthusiastic new Marketing Executives get the details wrong. I would be happy to clear up misconceptions. Personally I will be a customer for life, even if they stop sending me a check every month.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 11:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010