I dropped my car off to the mechanic yesterday and he reached out to shake my hand when I showed up...

then instead of giving me a firm handshake, he kind of held it up like you would if you were going to kiss it and then just gave it squeeze. Why did he do that? Was he afraid he was going to crush my hand? I mean I was fully ready to give a real handshake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• eww i hate it when a guy has a wimpy handshake but maybe there was something wrong with that hand other than that i dont know
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 3:50 PM on May. 27, 2010

• alot of men do that to women just to be nice
    Anonymous

• weird! I hate shaking hands,especially with men. It just feels weird. Fist bumps are good for this issue! lol!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:51 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Just to be nice I guess. I like firm handshakes too, but some men do it SUPER HARD and it pisses me off, I am not impressed! LOL!
    Anonymous

• are you overthinking this? many men don't know what's appropriate - women get offended for lots of different things... he went for the middle ground of treating you as an equal and as a woman.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:00 PM on May. 27, 2010

• i think it was just the way he shakes a woman's hand...its not like he was thinking of giving it a kiss. maybe he doesnt handshake that often?? lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:01 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Oh i don't think he wanted to give it a kiss or anything. He knows im married and my husband was right there. LOL. He just hesitated and then held it like that instead of giving me a real shake.
    Anonymous

• that's how some men are taught to shake a woman's hand, he was probably just being polite.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:30 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I agree, most men are taught that is the proper way to shake hands with a woman.
    Anonymous

• Because he's a gentleman? It is one of the polite ways to shake hands with a woman. Of course, if he were seriously-well-trained in manners he would never have reached for your hand first...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:43 PM on May. 27, 2010