Crawling and grass

Would you let your 8 month old crawl in the grass??
Im asking because I want to take her outside and do something other than have her swing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that would be ok. I haven't done it yet, but it's just grass. As long as you know there's nothing unsafe in the grass, it should be fine. I mean, in your back yard or something.
    Anonymous

• I used to set a big blanket outside and let my kids crawl on it..and evetually they venture onto the grass..not likeing th etexture of it at first,lol. But they get used to it. Anyway..yeah..I let them crawl on the grass..long as its not a real "buggy" area,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:20 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes. In fact, I did. My kids didn't like being on the grass that young, but it wasn't because I was stopping them. We put down a picnic blanket and until they were walking they just hung out there, sometimes taking a few hand-steps off and then retreating. I don't know what they didn't like about the texture or feel of grass, but they didn't.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:11 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Try putting her on a blanket and then she'll venture onto the grass on her own. Make sure there aren't any stickers or poky weeds where you put her.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 5:30 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If we had nice grass and not pine needles all over the place, I would. I just throw down an old sleeping bag.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:46 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My son did. Just watch for pokey things and sticks or rocks baby could try and eat :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:46 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Oh yeah, I just make sure they don't eat it :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:16 PM on May. 27, 2010

• my 9mth old daughters always out crawling around in the grass just gotta watch they dont eat it
    kristy_shawn03

Answer by kristy_shawn03 at 5:07 PM on May. 28, 2010