Can I use dishwashing soap to wash my hair? I've run out of shampoo and can't go the store until payday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sure,but be ready for it to stand on end! Dish soap is quite harsh!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:48 PM on May. 27, 2010

• It could hurt your hair. Just use water.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:49 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes, but if you have bar soap that might work better. My husband works in oil fields and he showers with dawn every day.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:49 PM on May. 27, 2010

• No! That will cause lots of build up and you would be better off not washing it at all.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 4:51 PM on May. 27, 2010

• check into homemade shampoos on google !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Maybe you could find some loose change and buy a cheap one, sometimes here V05 is on sale for 77 cents.
    Anonymous

• "...the simplest way to get clean, healthy hair.1 tsp Baking sodaApple cider vinegar4 oz WaterPut 1 tsp baking soda in a cup or mug to take into the shower with you.In another cup, pour about 1 oz (~1/8 cup) apple cider vinegar.When you get into t…"

http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Shampoo/

Answer by Bmat at 4:58 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I have used dish soap before. But then I have really greasy hair. I had to use more conditioner than usual, but it worked fine in a pinch.
    Anonymous

• I use this ite for a lot of great recipes for shampoos and other products: http://hmbeautyrecipes.homestead.com/HAIRshampoorecipes.html
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:11 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Just don't use Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner in the aerosol can. My mom is blind without her glasses and one day when she was in a hurry and was running late and took off her glasses before she went to spray hair spray on her hair. Well, the hair spray and the bathroom cleaner were about the same size and had similar colors and were sitting side by side. So guess which one she sprayed her hair with? The bathroom cleaner. She was pretty upset, as one could imagine. Of course, us kids thought it was really funny to see mom with her head covered in bubbles. She didn't have time to wash it out so she just rinsed it and left for work with wet hair, but it had a nice clean scent. That was probably 20 yrs ago and she's still mad about it. lol
    Anonymous