Do you make your own shampoo? Is it less expensive than store bought brands like Garnier and Pantene?

The dish soap for shampoo question got me wondering about making my own shampoo. I currently use Garnier Fructis. Will homemade cost less or more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It may cost more to get the ingredients, BUT you don't use all of each product to make the shampoo. So you may spend anywhere from $10-$25 to get what you need, but it will make the equivilant of 7 or 8 bottles of shampoo, possibly more depending on the recipe.

This site has awesome recipes for TONS of products including shampoo: http://hmbeautyrecipes.homestead.com/HAIRshampoorecipes.html
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:10 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I don't make my own shampoo but I make my own laundry detergent. It cost about $15 for the first batch including a large bucket and all the ingredients and that lasted over a year. The second batch cost 99cents because I just had to buy a bar of soap. I'm guessing the savings on shampoo would be similar.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:09 PM on May. 27, 2010