Puerto Rican faced deportation!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/eduardo-caraballo-puerto-rico-deportion-94795779.html

Talk about racial profiling. I hope this doesn't happen you Anglos that get pulled over in Arizona haha. But of course that isn't going to happen, but for those Latinos that do agree with the Arizona law I hope this does happen to you.

F.Y.I I am not agaisnt him being arrested he did try to steal a car after all lol. But that isn't the point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They just arrested a illegal Mexican near me and are deporting him. He had a kidnapped child and had been using stolen ID. He had the child for something like three years.

Many years ago, I lived in the town in No CA where they recently arrested a legal citizen and his wife for allegedly kidnapping a young girl and holding her hostage for 20 years. This legal citizen, who happened to be Caucasian and English speaking, fathered 2 daughters with his captive. Over the years, neighbors complained about the activity level and noise produced from the property and the authorities investigated numerous times without further action. This woman, J. Duggard, finally escaped with her daughters and made her way to the sheriff's office. The citizen and his wife (also a citizen) have been arrested and will stand trial.

Ugly and evil comes wrapped in many different packages.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:30 PM on May. 27, 2010

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:44 PM on May. 27, 2010

• oh for F's sake... just because people leave their familes and risk their lives to try to find a better life here (which has got to be really hard considering all the barriers they face) doesn't mean they are all freakin' kidnappers. plenty of us citizens who kidnap... i'm not promoting illegal immigration, just there is enough ignorance about this whole subject in the first place.

anyway - what a messed up story. good example of overreaction and racial profiling. people who support this type of crap disgust me.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:55 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Funny, Illinios doesn't have the law that Arizona does and yet it seems their capable of deporting illegals? hmmmmmm Funny that!
    Also seems they were able to harrass an American citizen without those special state laws too though.
    I've been saying since the law in Arizona passed, that thing is not about illegal immigration. Don't know what its about but it ain't that!
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 6:20 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I'm obviously no Einstein, but I suspect that this was a political ploy against enforcing illegal immigration laws. I just can't buy that a 34 year old with criminalistic tendencies doesn't have finger prints and a record somewhere.

If it was legitimate, they do deserve to be sued. Did they really take his mother's bail money? They very easily could have talked to a judge and had the bail set higher, or refused bail pending further investigation and avoided the whole accusation of wrong doing.

I suppose that's why it all sounds like BS to me. Not to mention that Chicago has major crime problems and it doesn't make sense that they would spend so much time on a car thief. Just doesn't ring of truth to me, but who knows, truth is stranger than fiction!

Anonymous

• I suspect there is a little more to this story. It smells worse than 3 day old fish.......
    Anonymous