how many moms go to the gym while pregnant?

me and my hunsband just found out were pregnant with baby number 2!!! were really excited. my question is ladies, me and my husband had joined a gym two months ago, is safe to go while pregnant? how many other moms go to the gym, or did while pregnant? what things should i do, or dont do? thanks

ashcrash

Asked by ashcrash at 6:00 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went to the gym throughout my entire pregnancy with the exception of a month and a half when my doctor ordered me to rest...my doctor said it is okay to work out while pregnant in moderation...don't lift more than 5 pounds, and don't do more than what you would normally have down when you were not pregnant. Jogging is okay as long as it's comfortable and you don't overdo it...in the beginning of course and most machines are fine. Do not strain...if you are having to strain to do things then you are working too hard! If you feel sick, dizzy or feel any pain...stop and call your doctor with any concerns!
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 6:11 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I did during my first pregnancy. I stuck with the bikes, treadmills and swimming but I'm sure your dr could give you more detailed information.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes, if you are use to it and you feel ok while working out. I worked out pretty hard core at the gym my entire first pregnancy. I went to the gym twice a day and ran, spin classes, and weight training. I had a healthy pregnancy and went overdue. If you get light headed or way nauseous, stop or slow down. I haven't been able to work out at all with this one! I throw up every time I try!
    MandyP27

Answer by MandyP27 at 9:00 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I do! I work out 5 days a week, I do spinning, jogging, weights and pilates (I am 30 weeks pregnant). I worked out before my pregnancy though so I know that makes a difference
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:36 PM on May. 28, 2010