is anyone here a very jealous insecure woman and married

how do you deal with it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• First off, what reason do you have to be jealous? I can understand being insecure sometimes, but you have to trust your husband unless he gives you a reason not to.
    Anonymous

• my husband knows ill go crazy on him if he gives me any reason to act like it
    Anonymous

• I am just a jealous person by nature I think...I've always been the jealous type with or without a reason. My husband struggles with it, I am not horrible about it but he knows when I am upset about him talking to girls or being "too friendly", I just don't like it and I guess part of me expects him to be like me and sometimes I have to tell myself that he's not like me and I need to allow him space to be himself, even when I know his intentions are harmless to me or our marriage. Jealousy is a b****!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:15 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Me. I try hard as hell not to be though. I just shut my mouth and remind myself how loyal and committed he has been all these years. I am full aware it is my issue not his. I went to a therapist for a while. This really helped me see the reasons why I was insecure and she gave me some good tools to fall back on when the insecure bug stricks. The best thing I have found is to go lay down in my bed and chill until it passes. My husband is an angel and really cares for me. We just know it is and sometimes I just tell him I am being insecure and nothing else needs to be said between us. He just hugs me. I am lucky I guess. I am one of the most secure and stable people you know but get me in a close intimate relationship and I become a scared baby. It's annoying to me!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:42 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Btw I was neglected and abused as a child, my mom was mentally ill so I am clear about this being the cause of my issues but this is my life and I plan to enjoy it and love my husband even if it scares me to be so close to him. Life goes on.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:46 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I am jealous, not by choice. I also try not to make it my dh's problem. There have been times it's gotten to me and I've exploded. I have a rule now that I wait at least 24 hours before I speak. In that time I think about it and if it really was that bad. It usually isn't and I hold my tongue. Now if someone was out of line I'd address it immediately with the offender (rarely my dh). My dh has walked away from a woman that was grinding on other men and trying to dance with him. I suppose he knew I would explode if she got out of hand, so he just walked away! Lol but I'm not the type that gets mad if he talks with other women or even hugs his female friends. But I tell you sometimes I get bothered.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:51 PM on May. 28, 2010