Toddler Bed

My son is a little over 2, and still in a crib. He has never tried to climb out of the crib. When should I change his crib to the toddler bed? I am not in a rush or anything, just curious. I know many children that had a toddler bed before they turned 2. We have a crib that converts to the toddler bed and then to the full size bed. What do you guys think?

NAT24ROXY24

Asked by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:03 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg i wish mine would have not been able to climb out! keep him in there a little longer, you will be thankful lol. once he began getting out, i never slept in the bed alone again, i would wake up at 6 am and he will be wedged between me and his dad, and he is silent like a ninja!!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:13 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Time for the toddler bed. I can't believe he hasn't climbed out yet my son did at like 15 months.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 6:06 PM on May. 27, 2010

• He hasn't climbed out because its a pretty tall crib. Even if he stands on his pillow his nose barely comes above the rail. And he is tall for his age.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:09 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If he hasn't climbed out, I would totally keep him in the crib. Until he starts trying, he is fine in there.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 6:28 PM on May. 27, 2010

• The only reason we moved my daughter was b/c we were moving and didn't want to move both the crib and the toddler bed! Otherwise we would've kept her in the crib. I think if they're not trying to get out, keep 'em in there!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:46 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My one kid that didn't start climbing out I left in his crib until he was almost 3. We never used toddler beds - all of my kids transitioned straight to twin/full beds.

Answer by missanc at 8:24 PM on May. 27, 2010