What kind/color garbage bags do you use and how do you tie them?

I'm doing a survey

ladyprincess

Asked by ladyprincess at 6:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The white kind with the red pull string. Weird survey!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• Whatever is on sale, I hate buying garbage bags cause you are literally throwing your money away! LOL
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• we use grocery bags in the house, and take them out to the big trash can outside when they are full :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• We buy those big 30 gal black garbage bags and then usually they're the ones that have the red draw string. Usually they're the store brand.

I agree with Teddybear. It really is a ripoff!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• Black Hefty cinch sack. If you take white trash bags to our local dump they nit pick about everything you don't recycle. I am all for recycling but if the dog pees on the newspaper it is going ino the trash and I do not want to have to rip the bag open to prove to some worker at the dump that the paper could not have been recycled.
    I hate store brand trash bags. I will always pay the few extra cents to not have the bag split open.
    coug70_99

Answer by coug70_99 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• i use the costco brand big black ones..and i just tie the tops together by making a knot..and for recycling, where i live it has to be in a see-thru blue bag..and again, i just tie them in a knot at the top
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• i don't use garbage bags...waste of money. truly
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 4:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2008

• We use the black 30 gallon bags with the red draw strings. But I will say that I am sooo glad our city started a recycling program. Now our bags last forever and the amount of trash we have is tiny compared to what we place in the recycle bins. I think recycling should be manditory!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:09 AM on Sep. 26, 2008

• Teddybear...you are so right. That's my gripe everytime I buy them. And they are just getting more and more expensive.
    Oh..and usually I buy the white ones. Sometime the drawstring is red and sometimes yellow. Or they have those flaps. Always a store brand.
    melissa632

Answer by melissa632 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2008