What's the problem?

What's the problem with asking people if they are here legally or illegally; if you're here legally then you don't need to worry. Bravo, Arizona!!! It's not going to be racially motivated, lots of people are here illegally from all over the world, not just Mexico. People go on cruises and jump ship and travel to America by some other means. People just don't want to be told they're doing wrong and face the consequences. But what about the jobs that are stolen from the citizens of America, that are given to those who are illegal who will work for less than minimum wage.
If they want to be here, ok do it the right way.

I also believe that everyone should be able to read English and all drivers tests be given in English ( all road signs in English ). After all, who wants to be driving and take a chance that someone doesn't read English and know what they're supposed to be doing????
All in all, immigrate legally!!!

izyandchrismomi

Asked by izyandchrismomi at 6:45 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you OP! But in stating your opinion you're taking out all of the EMOTION out of it--and where's the "fun" in that?! (sarcasm) LOL As far as I'm concerned LE can ask me if I'm legal all they want--I have nothing to hide! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:44 PM on May. 27, 2010

• You are trying to apply a common sense approach to this problem. LoriKeet is right, that is taking all emotion out of it. It would certainly be easier to enforce the law if we used more common sense, but sadly any sense at all is not so common.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:59 PM on May. 27, 2010

• All road signs ARE in English already...well, except for the Spanish names of places and streets.

You do actually point out an important factor in the problem...jobs that pay less than minimum wage. We've never done a good job of dealing with the MOTIVATION for illegal immigration: JOBS. E-Verify doesn't work as well as it's supposed to...it misses about half of the illegal immigrants!

We need to do a much better job of verifying that employers are hiring people who are here legally and enforce THOSE particular laws. I don't see any state passing a law that workplaces will be checked regularly to ensure compliance; I think that is more needed than the AZ law, which will end up only being enforced when officers have nothing better to do...like writing traffic tickets. Tickets = revenue. Hauling in illegals = expense.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:14 PM on May. 27, 2010

• You have my vote!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:23 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I still do not get the whole "stealing jobs" thing. If you were doing your job right you would not have lost it. If you would have said I will work harder you would have it. If you would work longer you would still have it. You either put up with it and do it or don't a loose your job! Anyway I think that EVERY man woman and child is created equal and ALL deserve a fair chance at a good life! I vote to open Ellis Island and other places like it. I wish to help these people become legal. It is very hard and most of these people do not know how to do it nor have the money. It would only be right to help them! Oh yes and English is not our national language by the way. We do not have one!!!! Why can we not have things in ALL languages? Yes street signs are in English, however, I think we all know what shapes and colors are what!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:11 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I agree with everything you've said OP. Get here legally or get out.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:12 PM on May. 28, 2010