Affordable, Fuel Efficient, 7 person SUV?? HELP!!!

Any suggestions??

Hubby and I need to get a bigger car. We do not want a van, we have decided to get an SUV but now the question is: which one??

We want something at least somewhat fuel efficient and it must seat 7, we have a 1 year old and are about to have another baby plus the two of us. We often go out with my best friend and her son and once the new baby comes we can no longer do so in our 5 passenger car...

Any suggestions are welcome!!

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 6:48 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A Toyota Highlander or a Ford Escape might do the trick. The back of the Highlander can be pretty tight, but if you are going to put small kids back there when your friend is with you, then it should be alright. Some friends have one and love it and they have 2 kids. I have 3 kids and it is a little too small, as my kids are nearly teens. So, I'm getting a new minivan (a Sienna) tomorrow.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:16 PM on May. 27, 2010

• new vers dodge durango..but its not the best for fuel economy.
    Anonymous

• SUV that's fuel efficient? No such thing! Affordable? If you buy an old used bigger gas guzzler than newer ones! Check out CUVs if you're dead-set against a mini-van - my Ford Freestyle gets better gas mileage than my minivan did, handles better than DH's 4wd pickup & the Explorer I used to have, and is quite roomy considering how small it looks. But sorry, you're not going to find what you want if you keep the "affordable fuel efficient SUV" mindset!
    Anonymous

• what do you have against vans? honestly, with your criteria, a minivan is the way to go
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:25 PM on May. 27, 2010