so confused

Well I found out i was pregnant with my third and i wasn't to happy about it. I didn't want anymore kids andI was using protecton when this pregnancy. Anyways I decided the best thing would be to put the baby up for adoption but now I want to keep it. I haven't contacted a adoption agency yet but I know I can't afford to keep this baby. I am so confused, I want to keep the baby but I know I shouldn't. My family wouldn't be supportive of me keeping him. I am suppose to be going to college and they will disapprove of me being pregnant. I haven't even told them just my hubby. What do you think? Has anyone been in this situation before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you want to keep your baby then you should. If you need financial help then check around in your state and try to get the financial help you need. I am sorry your family is not supportive of you, however the decision you make is one that you will have to live with. Please don't make a decision to please others, you may later on regret that decision. Talk your feelings over with your husband and I am sure the two of you can make this work.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:44 PM on May. 27, 2010

• They have open adoptions now where you can adopt the child out yet still be a part of the child's life. My adult dd did that and it worked out well for her. No matter what you decide, we'll support your decision even if your family doesn't.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:51 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I haven't, but you have to follow your heart here. I know it will be hard, but family will get over it eventually. You can still finish school with a young baby, it's done every day! If you want to keep your baby and give him up for adoption anyway you will never get over it. You will always feel like you are missing part of yourself, which I would think would be a lot harder than finishing school with a small baby and finding a way to make it work. But if you feel like you can't provide and will feel guilty about that as well, then you have some serious soul searching to do.

((HUGS)) I will keep you in my thoughts, mamma. You will do what's best for you and your family, including the little dude in your belly no matter what you decide.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:55 PM on May. 27, 2010

• It's your family's job to support you with any decision you make. Married women get pregnant, that's life. Babies aren't that expensive. You breastfeed. You go to yard sales and buy the basics of what you need for $20. Get a car seat from a hospital. Borrow a bassinet. That's what I did with my third child. I had a washer and dryer so I could use cloth diapers. Where we live now has a diaper bank and parents can get free diapers. You may be able to find free diapers in your community.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:24 PM on May. 27, 2010

• You shouldn't let your family influence you so much about this. You're a married woman - it's just between you and your husband - no one else.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:40 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If you want to keep it do so. You can get on WIC for some food and formula if you go that route, but I would encourage breastfeeding. A state social worker can help you find donated items from car seats to diapers and clothing. Ask your college about on campus daycare or online courses. Baby doesn't "need" a separte bed, unless you absolutely want one. As for birth control if you don't want anymore look into tubal ligation. Medicaid will cover it if your doctor gets pre-certification for it. Get on pregnancy medicaid and baby will automatically be covered after birth. Good Luck.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on May. 27, 2010

• You need to let your hubby know what you are worried about. You both should make this choice up together. And open adoptions can make it easer for the birth parents to give them up. I will pray that you are able to veiw this clearly and have peace about your decision. GL
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 8:34 PM on May. 27, 2010