how to take care of a bad cough that my 4 month has?

I have a 4 month baby boy and he has a horrible cough, last time he had a bad cough his dr said he had to just let it take its course. Is there anything i can possibly do to help him. I also dont take him out so no bashing its because my brother goes to daycare twice a week and brings it back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is no reason you shouldn't take a 4 month old out. If your brother is getting sick from day care and making your baby sick then your family should talk about alternatives for your brother. If you brother must go to day care then you keep him away from your baby.

Not much you can do. A humidifier won't help much this time of year. If you are breastfeeding your baby should get better pretty quickly.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:15 PM on May. 27, 2010