How to live with a neurotic HUSBAND?

We usually work well as a team UNTIL he has a freak out. Something will strike him and he just decides that the way things are no longer work. I validate his feelings by asking him to explain how he feels. Well, it is usaully crazy talk. He says that we are losers and we can't make it in life and we need to accept defeat and just wait it out. I ask him what we need to wait for and he says for something different to come along. He says we should just do nothing. I tell him that we can't because that would not be responsible and we would end up homeless. He doens't care. He thinks our daughter should be in daycare for 40 hours a week. If she isn't then we can't live and make money. He thinks that the only way for us to live is for both of us to work 40 or more hours a week. I told him that we can make it work so we don't have to do that. Plus..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• OP: if we put her in daycare that long she would go crazy and it would cost us about 200 plus a week for that. He doens't think rationally at all. We sit down and work out our budget and talk out our plans but then he freaks out and txts me at work and corners me at home with how life is over for us. I don't know how to deal with it. I can't talk to him. When we do talk and it is nice I know that there is a chance it won't last. It is tooooo much. We are having a little money issues. Who isn't though these days? I know we can make it and we will be fine. But he won't trust in that. What to do?
    Anonymous

• Wow, that sounds exactly like my husband. I am sorry, I wish I had some advice to give you. Maybe we can both get some advice for other posters. Good Luck!

Anonymous

• Sounds like you need counseling. You are not on the same page, financially or as parents.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:13 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Coo Coo, lol.
    Anonymous

• He sound like he has either a lot of stress or has some mental issues.

Answer by louise2 at 7:26 PM on May. 27, 2010