Is this weird?

I'm pregnant and just had my pap and exam. Well it was the weirdest one I've ever had. First he did the breast exam and made me sit up, put my arms up, bend over and he felt around my whole boob for what seemed like a really long time. Then he did it again when I was laying down. The he found 4 separate reasons to put his fingers in my vagina. At the beginning he was checking my tissue. Then another time we was checking my glands, then he was checking my cervix, then he was checking ovaries. I just found it weird that he found it necessary to find 4 different reason to go in out and lady parts. I don't know maybe I'm being weird but that felt really prolong and a lot more touching and business then I've ever had. Is that normal or does it sound weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Health

• that's why my doctors are all female :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 7:17 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If your gut tells you he did something wrong,report it. That really did seem extreme

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:20 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Sorry you had to experience that it does sound like some things were not necessary. Ive never had more than one insertion during a visit.
    Harlem-GADiva

Answer by Harlem-GADiva at 7:21 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Sounds to me like he is a very lonely man, I would personally switch Dr.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:22 PM on May. 27, 2010

• ya that's weird. you cant check ovaries through your vagina i dont think and the only breast exam iv ever had took about 7 seconds on each side. i'd report him. and i agree with stellar, all my docs are women.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:23 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I am on my second pregnancy and my doctor is a male. He did a pap with both but NEVER put his fingers in to check anything, nor did he do a breast exam. Report it. Sound like you just got felt up by your doctor.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 7:27 PM on May. 27, 2010

• hornz.... idk what kind of ob/gyn you've been going to but they are supposed to do a vaginal exam and a breast exam when they do a pap smear. but anyway, back to the op, if your dr. makes you feel uncomfortable in any way, switch drs. you will be having to see them alot and you want someone you will feel comfortable with. idk, when they are doing the exam usually they just stay in there for a long time with me, pressing on different areas.... maybe he was doing the exam 4 short times instead of 1 long time? idk if that makes sense to you, but that could be it. even if that is the reason it's still wierd that he would do it like that instead of just doing it all at once and getting it over with
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:58 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Very weird. And jennifer588 is wrong, they CAN check your ovaries through your vagina - my female doctor has done it a couple of times over the years - one hand in & one hand out to feel from both sides. But what you went through?! Not normal! Report him, and change doctors yesterday! Like the others, I will only go to a female for my lady issues!
    Anonymous

• Didn't he/she have a female nurse in the exam room?
    Anonymous

• sounds like a bit much for me... my dr didn't give me a breast exam and the only thing that ever went into my vag was a cotton swab until he checked my cervix for dialation at 37 weeks... every dr in the practice i go to is male i've seen two of them and they are way more gentle and less invasive that the female dr i used to go to.
    jojosmama1228

Answer by jojosmama1228 at 11:49 PM on May. 27, 2010