Parents of little girls...TMI maybe

wanted to know if anyone experienced this before? yesterday i noticed it was all red on my daughters(shes 1) vagina, all around the "hole" and up around the clitorous..today it still the same, she dosnt seem bothered by it..i put a&d on it, if its still there tomarrow im going to call the doctor but i was just wondering if this happened to anyones daughter or know what it might be?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 7:38 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you might try some baby powder instead. just keep it pretty clean. i'v learned that means my dd is getting a yeast infection. but every child is different
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:41 PM on May. 27, 2010

• it might be irritated from wearing soiled diapers. Keep the a & d on it. If it doesn't go away in a couple of days I would then call the doc. try not to get too worried about it though.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:42 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My daughter's got/get red there sometimes after a poopy diaper. Just try to keep it clean and dry. Not sure that I would use powder though, especially the cornstarch kind since it is like food for yeast.
    Anonymous

• It could be from the diaper. Maybe she's allergic to it. Try cloth diapers. They're a hassel, but sometimes they're better for baby than paper diapers.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 7:46 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My daughter got that way the first few times she had a lot of oranges or citris / high acidic foods. Otherwise, I would go with the previous resonses in yeast infection.
    pd4now82

Answer by pd4now82 at 7:49 PM on May. 27, 2010

• thank you all...she cant use powder, it makes her break out, i will keep a&d on it and see what happens..thank you!!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 7:50 PM on May. 27, 2010

• yes. This happened to my daughter whenever she ate spinach.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:24 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I agree with all the PP's. Even if you are diligent about changing diapers, the acid in urine (and poop) can cause irritation. Keep putting Desitin or A&D on it. Unless she is complaining or grabbing and scratching at her parts, it's most likely nothing.
    Anonymous

• also it could be that or she could have found out that there is a hole down there, my dd is 6 and when she is red and bright down there it is usually bc she has put a finger down there (she tells me) and that could be a reason also other than the diaper.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:06 PM on May. 27, 2010