Because I just don't seem to know as much about cervical mucus as everyone else haha...TMI?

So different sites told me that I was either going to ovulate on Wednesday the 26th or Thursday the 27th (today) and that isn't even for sure obviously since things can change. Well now I'm a googling machine trying to figure out how to tell by my cervical mucus and honestly I'm not really getting anywhere haha.

We "did the deed" Sunday morning, Monday morning, and Tuesday night. We're trying for a girl so I didn't want to get too close to the predicted OV day. Now I"m just worried that we SHOULD have had sex on Wednesday. :/ Before the fertile days we were making sure to stay at it every couple of days so his sperm would build up.

I checked and there isn't enough of it to stretch, it's just wet, but when I kind of roll it together, it's easier to tell that it's actually egg white and not clear. What does this mean exactly? My last period was May 13th by the way and my cycle varies from 27-28 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just have sex every other day and stop the counting and checking. relax! that is the key, not obsessing. good luck!
    Anonymous

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. It teaches you to chart cervical mucus, BBT, and CP. We got pregnant the first month following Toni's advise in her book.

Ovulation calculators are incredibly INACURATE because they either assume all women ovulate on the 14th CD of 14 days before their expected period and that is NOT true for most women so if you're using ovulation calculators you're waisting your time.

Charting CM is the cheapest, MOST accurate (aside from daily ultra sounds at the doctor's office), and simplest way to detect ovulation.

You are most fertile when you have CM that resembles raw egg whites. They amount of fertile CM days a women has varies by each woman. It's not a good idea to try for a spacific sex unless you know how many fertile CM you have (which you would only know by charting it for at least one month) before you ovulate because you won't know how close you are to ovulation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Sometimes it doesn't stretch. Some women just have extremely watery CM. Sometimes it can be streaked with ethier a cloudier mucus or blood if you experience spotting during ovuation.

You could also be at an inbetween stage because every month your CM with go through a pattern. Usually it's dry, sticky (may look like rubber cement or even look crumbly), creamy (can look as think as lotion or thin as milk), egg white. It will return to one of the previous stages after ovulation. Usually it's sticky after ovulation but every women is different.

When I'm between my creamy and EWCM stage it's milkly looking but sort of egg white in consistancy.

You also have to understand that it's very difficult to chart sperm after you've had intercourse because seamen VERY MUCH so looks like EWCM.

I personally recommend ALWAYS checking cervical position as well when charting CM because it makes each stage more clear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 28, 2010