If you believe in the bible...do you think Eve is the reason why labor is so painful?

I've seen both my dog and cat have puppies and kittens and they never seemed to be in any pain while they were in labor. So I was wondering if we women as humans are just suffering from Eve's mistake of eating the forbidden fruit and that's why it's so freaking painful for us.

Of course, breeding seems to be more painful for animals. So maybe it's at trade off. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It hurts because you're pushing something 7 lbs out of your body! Animals don't make noise because that would bring predators to their location. My kitty was in alot of pain,as are all females in labor.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:08 PM on May. 27, 2010

• yes I do and I think it's very unfair. According to the bible Eve was naive and believed the serpents lies. Adam on the other hand knew exactly what he was doing and did in anyway. Where's the justice?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:17 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Have you ever seem someone try to push a bowling ball through a garden hose? Labor isn't really any easier on the body. Animals tend not to have quite the same type of labor we do. For humans we are usually having one or two large (in comparison to ourselves) babies... While a cat or a dog isn't, their babies are much smaller in size by comparison. Also, women today tend to make things a bit harder by fighting nature and by not being in the shape they should be. At one point women were simply sent off in to the woods to give birth, and between gravity and nature - not to mention a nice stick to bite - a baby was born... It was just as painful in some ways, but much less in others. It was however, much closer to what animals deal with...

Animals are in just as much pain as we are, they just let nature take over and know how to not show their pain...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:18 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes I do
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• i'v had cats and seen them give birth. they are in pain!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:20 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes - that's what the Bible says. "You will bear children with intense pain and suffering" (NIV translation, Genesis 3:16). I believe it's due to the fact that not only did SHE succumb to sin, she also introduced it to Adam.

Answer by missanc at 8:21 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Don't care. That's why we have epidurals.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:23 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I asked a similar question no too long ago if you like to take a peek:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/414634/Why_did_God_give_Eve_labor_pains_for_punishment

I think he "rewarded" her labor pains to remind her of the disservice/sin she was passing onto her children while bringing them into this world.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:26 PM on May. 27, 2010

• SO God believes that when one child screws up, we should punish them all - and their kids and their kids...

Nice God of yours!
    Anonymous

• Painful childbirth is the price we paid for becoming bipeds.  Our pelvic bone is narrower than a quadrupeds making childbirth more difficult.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:29 PM on May. 27, 2010