What is your opinion on diaper clad babies in public (i.e. stores, banks, etc.)?

I understand that it is summer time, and EVERYONE gets hot, even babies. But don't children need some layer of protective clothing...at least out in public?

Always_Hopeful

Asked by Always_Hopeful at 8:45 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The only place I have a problem with it is in sit down eating places. I live in Tucson where things are more relaxed.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:47 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Put some clothes on your kid! {general you}

I think it looks rather trashy. Kids clothes are cheap, I don't know why people can not put a pair of shorts and a shirt on their kids. GAH!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:48 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I sometimes let my daughter go with just a diaper when she was very small (like, under 6 months). It was very hot outside and even a onesie would get stuck to her skin with sweat. She did have a very light blanket over her if we were in the store, though, and those were only for quick trips. I don't do toddlers in diapers only lol.

I don't see it very often, but it doesn't bother me if I see a baby with just a diaper on. Babies can get overheated pretty easily, even in a onesie.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:48 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I don't even take my daughter out in pajamas. She has to be dressed and when she was a baby she always had socks on.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• ha ha. i have never done it...but if I dont think I have an issue with it either.

And more than half the time my DD goes to bed in whatever she wore for the day. It started that way because she would fall asleep in an outfit and I wasnt about to mess with her to change her into PJs. Now, it probably more laziness on my part. I should probably try to get a good bedtime routine going for her though. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:06 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I really don't like that. Would you go out in just your panties because it's hot out? Pop on a light pair of shorts and a light shirt, they'll be much more comfortable. Being naked in the heat isn't pleasant, you stick to chairs and you stick to yourself and the sun is hot on your naked skin.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:12 PM on May. 27, 2010

• aly38914290 are you for real? smh
    Anonymous

• put clothes on the babies! it really bothers me. adults get themselves dressed before they go out, why can't they dress their children? my dd is always dressed and has socks on if we leave the house. if it's hot she wears a romper or sunsuit. we've only ditched socks when we were out once and that's because she was playing with her feet and it was too cute to mess with lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• UNLESS baby has just spit up on it and you are out of extra outfits... it is inappropriate. Even our babies need to be clothed!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:20 PM on May. 27, 2010

• not really a fan of that. i think everyone has at least a pair of shorts and shirt to put on. so i dont like it. but its not up to me. i find it unacceptable. thats just me.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 9:41 PM on May. 27, 2010