Is this guy kidding?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/27/counterterror-adviser-defends-jihad-legitimate-tenet-islam/?test=latestnews

This is what happens when you accept a job in the Obamas administration. You lose touch with reality.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:47 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• jaw dropYep, he has lost touch with reality!  That is unbelievable!  Could he please tell us exactly WHO we ARE fighting over there? 

29again

Answer by 29again at 9:01 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Whoa! I think he mis-spoke big time there in the beginning; because for years we have perpetuated the term jihad.
    "In western societies the term jihad is often translated as "holy war". Muslim authors tend to reject such an approach stressing non-militant connotations of the word.[13] In technical literature regarding the concept of jihad the term "holy war" is often used to describe it. However, scholars of islamic studies often stress that both words are not synonymous."

And it's a fine line I think; because their religion and politics do intermingle more.

But I think this statement is true:
    "John Brennan described violent extremists as victims of "political, economic and social forces," but said that those plotting attacks on the United States should not be described in "religious terms."

I just think that aside from that one line; he did a piss poor job of explaining himself.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:00 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Crap, did anyone tell Alan Colmes? I saw a clip of him the other day reaming someone for referring to "Islamic Extremists" because it's a slur against the Muslim religion. This is going to kill him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:05 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I am not sure if "they" walk among us or if it is "US" who walk among them but I completely agree with you O.P., this admin. has NO clue, as to what reality is...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:42 PM on May. 27, 2010

• eye rollingThe Bush admininstration surely got everything right all the time. Bush himself being so great with words! Reality was Bushes specialty!

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." -Bush January 28,2003

"So what?" –President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008

AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 8:35 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Autumn, you don't have standards for this administration at all? Or were you just fine with Bush saying those things too? You have a double standard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on May. 28, 2010

• So AL is saying this administration is no different from Bush's administration. I have to agree with her. Obama has embraced many of Bush's policies, expanded the war, and grown the deficit.

It's a shame, I was hoping for a president better the GWB, but instead we got Obama. Same or worse. Depressing.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:09 AM on May. 28, 2010

• . Obama has embraced many of Bush's policies, expanded the war, and grown the deficit. It's a shame, I was hoping for a president better the GWB, but instead we got Obama

Unfortunately, in order to become the POTUS, this is what you're going to get. DC panders to DC and big business (in order to get to DC). Any Independent man/woman with the funds or know how to get elected INDEPENDENT of the current fiscal process, is likely not interested in the position. Bottom line, $$$$$ talks- every one of these politicians has their price. The next 1 will do the exact same. Obama won because of the lackluster opposition and because 3rd party candidates are rarely part of the big $$$$ process at the fed level. Blame the corrupt system.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:13 AM on May. 28, 2010

• It is not I who have the double standard. It is those who defended Bush yet criticize Obama for these things.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 11:21 AM on May. 28, 2010

• No double standards here, hon. I think Bush was a jerk for saying it too. Good enough for you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 28, 2010