Did you put a blanket in the crib/bassinet with your baby when he/she was born?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on May. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, but just a small recieving blanket or something light and just around the bottom half, the baby would normally wear long sleeves and pants to sleep with just a light blanket.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:57 PM on May. 27, 2010

• yeah, she liked to be swaddled for wouldnt sleep
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:04 PM on May. 27, 2010

• i have a freaky story. One time..my son was only like 2 months old and he was napping in my bed and i had his cover just pulled up on his legs. Well i had the baby monitor on and was in the kitchen doing dishes and all of a sudden felt this strange chill and swore i heard a voice through the baby monitor saying mommy (i know it sounds crazy because i know my son was too small to say mommy)...well i felt that i needed to check on him so i ran into the bedroom and he was struggling underneath the blanket..it really scared the crap out of me. I just felt like that was my son's guardian angel or something tryin to tell me to check on him. That was my learning experience as first time mommy to never leave a blanket or pillow or anything around a baby thats alone.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:04 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I did not do it. Just wondering why anyone would?

OP here
    Anonymous

• Our baby slept in our bedroom, in her bassinet. Yes she was swaddled in a receiving blanket usually...with her arms/hands out, as she doesn't like her arms/hands covered up...lol. We both listened, checked and took turns waking up with her...she was just fine.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:13 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I totally swaddled my baby, he was premie and being swaddled is good for them. (all babies not just premies.) Plus it is very very cold where I live and he was born in the dead of winter.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 9:36 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes. My son will only sleep if he is swaddled with a blanket.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:07 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yep!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 PM on May. 27, 2010

• my kids slept with us. only way we could all get some sleep.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:49 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Just a swaddling blanket wrapped around her because she liked it.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:42 AM on May. 28, 2010