Hates bath now?!

My almost 2 yr old dd has always loved baths. The last 2 times however she has screamed the WHOLE time like shes terrified. As soon as i take her out shes fine. Could this just be a phase? anyone else experienced this?! Any thoughts would be helpful.

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 8:59 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try turning the shower on to see if she likes it better, but im sure its a phase
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:02 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I will be watching this question!! My 18 month old does the same thing - she's never been thrilled with baths, but she learned to accept them. Now it takes my hubby holding her while I soap her down & rinse her off REALLY fast! Even once she's out of the tub she still whimpers. Sigh.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:12 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My daughter does the SAME exact thing and she'll be two in June. I'm guessing it just a phase or something, but I haven't figured out what it is that made her change her mind about the water. She used to LOVE the bath!
    bellaitaliapicz

Answer by bellaitaliapicz at 9:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing a few months ago (just for a couple days)... Make em quick, or get some crayons (to color on the tub), a new tub toy, or try running the water while she is in it (if you already don't)... Distract her, she'll get over it. Probably just a phase.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:30 PM on May. 27, 2010

• my DD loves water so bath time has never been an issues. maybe try new bath toys or join them in the tub. or try the bath markers. my DD loves to color and can color on the bathtub walls
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 9:30 PM on May. 27, 2010

• its the drain. lol. they are afraid to go down teh drain. start taking them out before you undo the drain.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:46 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Ok so the phase lasted about a week and now she loves it again! LOL Thanks for the responses.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2010