birthday gifts

my DDs 2nd birthday is coming up and she really doesn't need any toys. She is getting a power wheels (grandpa and us are going half and half on it, and its a great deal!) and we got her a pony that has wheels on the feet for $50.00 (again grandpa went 1/2 with us.) so what DD really needs is clothes and books, (or money to out away in her savings). Do you think it would be wrong for us to ask people not to get her toys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not at all! People like getting kids stuff they will actually use :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:14 PM on May. 27, 2010

• (op) I sort of feel its tacky but I don't want people getting her stuff she doesn't need. DD doesn't like toys, odd I know. she has a room full of toys but won't play with them. But she loves being outside.
    Anonymous

• try this. get book themed invitations. and just mention to a few people that you would love it if people would get her thier favorite childhood book and inscribe it to her with their names. then bedtime could be a family affair with stories and she could have the books later as keepsakes...
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:44 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Wow! I love princezzmommie's idea!!! Pat her on the back - that took a lot of thought!! :) My ds is much the same - he rarely plays with his toys except for a few select ones. But he LOVES books - and by asking people to put their names (and maybe a message) in it, I think it will make them feel a special connection and they will be happy to go along with it!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:25 AM on May. 28, 2010