if he doesnt show up for court..i cant have him drug tested...

he wants his lawyer to apear for him. i left with the kids because of 5 years of drug use and i couldnt take it any more. i am scared for my kids. he live out of state but has flight benifits and could easily make it here. he wants the kids for the summer. but hasnt even called them in six months hasent even tried to see them in almost a year. i even recently gave him a set time during weekdays for him to call, he asked for it, i told him 6pm on any weeknight. and it has been two weeks and still no calls for the kids. what do i do? he is a strnager to my 3 and 5 year old. takes no initiative but wants them for the summer? grrr....what is that about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on May. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've been through this. The judge will not make your kids go with a stranger.
    Anonymous

• i would be very surprised if he made the kids go. if he hasnt even called or seen them or made an effort to see them in that long, I just cant imagine. good for you for leaving!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• tell the judge your views on the situation. they are usually a lot more understanding with the moms who actualy care about their kids. and also tell the judge you would like him to take a drug test before your kids go with him.
    Anonymous

• what happened in you situation....my court date is next week...and i got a call from my lawyer today saying that he (my ex) doesnt want to appear but instead have his lawyer apear for him. but he is the one who started the custody battle in the first place. i just dont understand why after almost 2 1/2 years all of a sudden he wants the kids now. i just dont understand it.
    Anonymous