would you leave?

i've been trying to get a job so my so and i can have extra money. my brother might be able to get me a job with him. but he lives in the city. we moved to a small town. we only have one vehicle. my so uses it for work since he works second shift. if i get hired on with my brother he said he's not going to take me to work. even if he's home and able to take me to work. he said i should live with my brother til i get enough money saved to come home and do the schooling i want to do. do you think i should go ahead and leave if i get the job? or should he take me to work? also we have an infant son together and i'd be taking him with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• My boyfriend would not encourage me to move out of our home for more money. If I had to move for a job, he would go with me. As I would for him. Or we would find a way to make it work with the options available to us where we are. I think he wants to end the relationship and he's seeing this as a way to do it. You go live with your brother, then he can say you guys are drifting apart and maybe you should see other people, and blah blah blah. I know it sucks to have to hear it, but I really think that's the deal. And frankly, I'm not even going to say you should stay. I think you should go. Take all your stuff, and divide up the stuff you share with him, and file for child support and custody when you go. If you stay, it's likely he'll still end up ending things anyway, so you might as well go now, while you have things going for you like a job and a place to stay. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:43 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i wouldnt leave. because not that im saying he is the type, but men when given an opportunity will cheat, and if ur not there then it will be easier, besides struggle together and survive makes the end so much sweeter
    Anonymous

• he is willing to let you move out with his son. wow. ya i'd move.
    Anonymous

• it sounds like he is telling you nicely he wants you out...basically he is opening the door for you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:27 PM on May. 27, 2010

• It sounds really strange that your so would be ok with you moving out with the child just for extra money.....
    I agree with shay.....he's giving you the out.
    Anonymous

• I think he wants you to go, and he sees this as a way to make it happen. It's too bad you didn't see who he really was before you chose him to be your child's father. These guys are all alike. They want free sex, but when the baby arrives, they don't want that kind of responsibility and start looking for ways to make the women leave. It's a shame, but women seem to keep on falling for the same old tricks.
    Anonymous

• Well, I think he should be taking you to work since you are going to work for the family. It would be like you taking the car and telling him you weren't going to give him a ride to work! And what about child care for your baby? Are you going to have to pay someone to watch them? Is your brother going to charge you rent? This really doesn't seem right to me. I'd reconsider...
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:34 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't. Living apart for an unknown amount of time is not going to do anything positive for your marriage.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:57 PM on May. 27, 2010

• sounds like he's pushing you out the door. when you go, take half of everything. he wont' be letting you come back.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:33 AM on May. 28, 2010