I know motherhood will not be easy at all. but why must people act as if it is the worse thing in the world. read below.

some of my family members seem like hypocrites they had children when they were teenagers, high school dropouts, work minimum wage jobs, say i cannot make it, leave home longer than i intend to and so on. i am 22 years old im due any day to give birth to my son. i have my own car and i pay all my personal expenses. i am a senior in college with 2 semesters to go and i will have my b.a. political science. i worked up until the 8 month of my pregnancy. and saved and bought most of the stuff for the baby and baby shower. and saved up enough money while im on maternity leave for the next 3 months. i know they probably when well but gosh i think i am doing a lot better than they were when they were my age. and i am not a teenager. i know i will need help and support along the way. but is there anything wrong with being independent and wanting my own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Good for you! Keep up the good work. Sounds like you will be a great mother too. Don't listen to them! Misery loves company. Focus on your baby, your career and yourself. :)
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:37 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I thought the same thing when I was 1st pregnant. I've just come to the conclusion that a lot of people have a very negative view on life. I really believe, much of what you experience, child raising included is what you make of it. If you look at it like its terrible, then that's exactly what its going to be. I am not going to say raising kids is easy, but certainly not the worst thing in the world...in fact, I love it. Sounds like you've got your life together. Tune out the negativity and surround yourself w/ positive people!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:44 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Sounds like you are doing an amazing job, you will be a great mom! I think maybe they were just unhappy with their situation.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Some people just like making others feel bad or they just want something to talk about I got preg. at the age of 15 had my baby at 16 me and the father of my child lived with my parents for a week that my baby was born tell they finished up the apartment we were going to get and ever since than we have been on our own I am a stay at home mom I have never worked he has supported us the whole time I am now 20yrs old he is 23yrs old we are expecting our 3rd child we own our own house and vehicles and everything is great...
    Anonymous

• Well being a mom (even under fantastic circumstances) is extremely difficult - it's a very physically and emotionally demanding role.

...but at the same time it's also amazing, rewarding, and absolutely worth it.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:18 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Its always much easier for people to dish out negativity than it is to be positive about something. I think you're well on your way to be a successful mom. I had my son at 21, I'm 22 now, and my life has been pretty stress-free for the most part. My fiance makes enough money so that I can be at SAHM for the time being, and we bought a house and moved in 2 days before I went into labor. Everything seemed to fall into place. That's just how I've looked at everything. That you can't sit there and worry worry worry that its not going to work out because most of the time, you worry for nothing. Just go about your life and do whatever you think is right and best for your family and you'll be just fine. Don't let anyone else bring you down. Motherhood has challenges big and small no matter what your age or circumstance. Its those that keep going that succeed in the end.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:22 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Its great that you have all that going for you, but i think people are "mean" like that cause it can get hard if your not prepared. obviously they didnt have it easy and they just want you to know, it can get rough.
    Anonymous