Sore throat

Around noon today I strated to notice that my throat was a little irritated. It has gotten progressively worse since and now it hurts so bad. I just discovered white patches on my tonsils and back of tongue a few mins ago. I know these are all symptoms of strep throat and I will go in the morning to get cultured. However, my question is what do I do about my 11 month old? Can she catch strep throat? I have been around her all day and I don't know what to do I would hate for her to catch this, if she hasn't already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont kiss her, cover your mouth , and are u breastfeeding her?
    Anonymous

• Strep throat is very contagious...be careful and I hope you feel better very soon!
    Anonymous

• wash your hands every time you go to pick her up, feed or change her. wash all her bedding and any toys, burp cloths, anything like that you have handled in the last few days. feel better soon and hope the little one doesn't get it!
    Anonymous

• OP here ... yes I'm still breastfeeding her ... only once a day, however she BF today at 3pm ugghhhh
    Anonymous