infant with a tummyache :(

my 12day old dd has a tummyache...
I was bf only but stress from 3 kids under 4yrs old and moving to a new house has caused my milk to spoile :( so we had to go right to formula only now.
I think the switch has given her a tummyache and has made her poop go from almost liquid with the bf to a clay like texture with the formula now so im thinking its got her a little backed up. She is staying in a ball with her knees to her belly.
I feel so bad. She crys everytime she trys to poop and only gets a little bit out.
What can i do to help her? Can i give her anything? Little tummys or mylacon maybe?
Shes not even 7lbs yet and is now on soy formula.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 10:05 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't give a 12 day old anything. Just rub her tummy in a circular motion and try to help her out a bit.
    Anonymous

• mylacon would be fine. and breastmilk does not "spoil" in your breasts. Call u're local LLL leader and tell them what the issue was, they can u u back on track
    Anonymous

• she sounds constipated. call the pediatrician. meanwhile, a blanket in the dryer then wrapped around her will help with the pain. hugs.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:20 AM on May. 28, 2010