Do you have Cable?

My DH and i are trying to slash some bills and this seams like the most obvious.We pay $250 for cable, phone and internet and we have all of the pay channels and netflix on the xbox. Im thinking xbox and internet will be just fine and we have cell phones so we dont really need a land line. Anyone else not have cable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I've gone without it before, and we're getting ready to cancel it again. You adjust pretty quickly. Keep the netflix and it will almost be like having cable with the instant streaming on the XBOX.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:47 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes, but I only pay $10 a month for the basic 22 channels... And then we get Netflix through the Computers and the PS3...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Don't even own a TV- any time the kids want a movie on the weekend, its to the lappy we go!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:50 PM on May. 27, 2010

• We only have our cell phones. So we pay $35/mo for our internet and $45/mo for our Dish. We do have Netflix through the Wii and XBOX, but we can cancel it.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:51 PM on May. 27, 2010

• of course i have cable. i wouldnt be able to not have cable. im not that big of a tv watcher, but when i want to watch it i want to, and my son loves his nick jr.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I havn't had any tv not even local channels for 7 mo now. It is a bill we can do without, we just occasionally buy a 5 dollar movie at the grocery store, or rent. I hate it though, if you would get the local channells still though I would say go for it! I just miss being able to watch the news. We are moving into an apartment though that includes cable, I AM SOOOO EXCITED, i feel like I am returning to the outside world
    Anonymous

• Our is 130/month. It's internet, basic cable and land line. We have very basic cable---I think we get Bravo and a few others. Few free movies, no showtime, etc. Land line we keep in case of our kids needing to call 911 or the sitter.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• We have basic cable, internet, landline(I don't use it, don't even know my number) for $91/month. I would/could live without it, but I think I would spend more money getting out of the house.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• We do not have cable and I don't even really miss it. It was a hard adjustment for a few weeks, but it is soooo nice not having a $150 bill every month. Now we pay $20 for our cell phone and $40 for dsl, so getting rid of cable saves us $90 a month. Woohoo... that is enough of a savings to make it worth the adjustment period. We do have netflix which we all LOVE and is totally worth the $8 a month. We stream it through our Wii.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Ours is roughly 60 a month. We have cable phone through one company. Then Basic Cable TV and internet through another company. It's a lot cheaper then if we were to do the triple play through one company. Which could get up to 100 dollars a month. Something we couldn't afford. Basic Cable is the basic TV channels with the added "Bonus" of the Home Shopping Network. We have one step above basic internet connection, because Husband is a gamer.

I have honestly thought about canceling our basic cable TV, because with netflix we rarely watch the local channels. However, without Basic Cable TV we would have to rely on the "Digital Connection" and that's been proven to be crap. Soo .. we're at a crossroads with that right now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:23 PM on May. 27, 2010