how long after you had your baby did you go swiming again

i was just wondering because my family is going to the beach this weekend and i was wanting to go swimming i just had my baby on the first of this month so will it be OK.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I personally would not go in this early. You are still healing...I don't know if you had a c-section or if you delivered vaginally and tore or what, but going into filthy lake or ocean water could cause an infection. I wouldn't risk it if I was you.
    Anonymous

• I had my daughter 2 years and 6 days ago and I still haven't been swimming lol.

Anyway, if the lochia has stopped and you're feeling well healed it's fine. If you're still feeling sore or have stitches then avoid it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:11 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I went swimming in a pool 3 weeks after my daughter was born. The bleeding had stopped and I had taken several baths. I asked my dr and they okayed it.

Answer by missanc at 8:12 AM on May. 28, 2010