how to lose 1-3 lbs a week?

Hi ladys! I am a 23 yr femle 5' 7 235 lbs.... I really would like to be down to 175 i know its still over weight for me but im ok with that for now. I would like to know if anyone has workouts they used to do this. also is 3 lbs a week unhealthy? I have ea sports active and the more work outs. i do it 3-4 times a week 20-40 mins...i see a differance but more muscle i lost a total of 10 pounds the pass month and a half.. but hae came to stop! i am also doing this wit my hubby nd a friend who is a male the both have lost about 20lbs!!! I know ppl say guys lose weight faster but come on! So any ideas and tips....Also have been eating a lot better if i have chips i weight them out but NO soda pasta Cut back on my salt and sugar..Also i only drink water diet green tea and crystal light. Any other ?s just ask...Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i take mega-t green tea pills, they work for me. theyre working now and theyve worked before, they help me loose weight faster & give me energy. i buy them at cvs. i do the biggest loser cardio max dvd and the biggest loser last chance dvd & the yoga dvd. theyre great. and cheap. you need grab weights. as far as i diet, when im trying too loose weight, i dont eat chips at all unless its a special occasion. maybe once a week or less. besides that, on a regular day this is what i will eat: breakfast ; 3 egg whites cooked with nonfat butter spray & a lil ketchup with fruit, usually strawberries or watermelon : lunch ; special k protein bar : dinner ; either turkey, or grilled chicken, sometimes i melt mozz cheese on the grilled chicken, and a green apple or another fruit. no refined carbs except for the protein bar
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• i lost 10 pounds this month.
    BTW 30 minutes of working out is for maintaining weight. to loose weight, you have to work out for atleast an hour.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:20 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Consider nutritional cleansing - I lost weight with a nutritional cleansing program. It is healthy, safe and does not involve stimulants or diet pills. It is not a colon cleanse and has none of the unpleasant side effects of most colon cleanse products.

Here is a link to my blog - http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/ Check it out and if you have any questions feel free to message me or email me - my contact info is on my blog. I can help you.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 12:03 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I do Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I have lost 16lbs in the past 3 months. Although, I am much smaller than you, so it is more difficult for me to lose weight. The workout I do is 55 minutes long (10 min is warm up/cool down), so it's 45 minutes of hard core cardio/calisthenics). For me, at 117lbs, I burn roughly 320 calories doing this workout. My husband on the other hand who weighs about 230, burns roughly 600 calories during this same workout. You need to change your workout, because your body has become accustomed to it. Good luck.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:13 PM on May. 28, 2010

• YOu might need to figure out how many calories you should be eating and tracking them.
    I use livestrong.com's daily plate feature.
    I started last Aug at 241 and I'm 173 now.
    The only changes were counting and tracking calories. I thought I was eating healthy but I was sneaking in too much other foods.
    I used Wii Fit a bit. I hate exercise lol.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010