How long should i walk a day if i wanna lose at least a pound and a half a week?

I also exercise about 3-4 times a week 25-40 mins at a time should i add more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• walking is good for you but you need to do cardio.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:22 PM on May. 27, 2010

• OP- i asked how long. if u dont know the answer then shut it. dont need extra info, already have that
    Anonymous

• Depends on a lot of things. A pound is about 3500 calories, so to lose a pound a week you need to eat 3500 calories less than you burn each week. Calories burned is dependant on weight. At 180lbs I'll burn more calories doing the same exercise as someone that weighs 125lbs, so you'd have to figure that based on your stats.

Sorry, there just is no way to figure it with the info we've got. You may be able to find an online calculator to figure it, but most of those are about finding calorie counts.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:34 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Rudeness is not right. you asked the question and the OP answered on what they know if you need a specific answer maybe you should google it, or ask a doctor and not ask here.
    Anonymous

• Im sorry Ladys for some reason ppl feel the need to be rude on every question i post and thanks to everyone who tried to help. i am 5'7 235 and 23yrs old... I know im way over weight ever since i hd my daughter almost 6 years a go i just let my self go and only worried about her and her father. I know its not an excuse to be fat but im fed up wit it now!!! I was 155 befor i got pregnant at 16yrs old and after giving birth i had gained bout 50 to 55 pounds....left me at 205-210... i hurt my back at work 2 years ago and i went up to 260 lost 30 pounds last year and went back up to 245 and lost 10 pounds so far! i know its not much but its something!! THANKS again to everyone who Answered!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on May. 29, 2010