Could someone please tell me why I keep sleeping with my ex?

Same old story, different title. Every time I meet a good guy, one that really cares about me and can provide for me, I end up running back to my ex husband and sleeping with him, effectively ruining the decent relationship I had worked toward. Fear of commitment or general mental illness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• It's familiar and when things get new and scary we like to go back to what we know, it's comforting. Doesn't make it healthy or right but in our weird little minds it's comforting.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:33 PM on May. 27, 2010

• maybe because ure a whore! how hard is it to keep those legs closed ??
    Anonymous

• You have low self esteem. I don't sleep with anyone that I'm not in a relationship with.
    Anonymous

• maybe ur just not over ur ex yet, and its comfortable. maybe you need to be alone for a while, stay away from your ex and dont meet a new guy either. focus on yourself until the time is right.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:31 PM on May. 27, 2010

• or maybe despite everything it is him you really want to be with. love knows no bounds!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:31 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Okay anonymous :30 that was really harsh.

I wish I had an answer for you but you're the only one that can answer this question. Good luck! I truly hope you can find a new relationship and stay away from your ex.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:32 PM on May. 27, 2010

• your not respecting yourself. we cant answer that you have to. And for people to hide behind a anon post and call you a whore is just typical. Your a grown woman I'm assuming, so what you do in your bed and between your legs is your biz. All I can say is that you have to look in to yourself, no one can tell you what to do because you are your own person and need to respect yourself as a woman more.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 11:34 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Why did you leave the ex in the first place? And has he fixed the problems that you all were having before or is he the same old guy with the same old problems...he just got good sex. Is sex all that you have in common? You could just be settling for sex. He's not going to take you out like the new guys and he's not making you feel complete if you have to find other friends...only to slink back to him. Sounds like you have got to make up your mind and then let that be your choice. Be with the ex if that is your choice, but stop wasting your time and others if you are going to keep turning around. Tell yourself that you are going to turn to salt if you turn to him again. I wish you the best of luck because that is a tough battle.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 11:37 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I kind of used to do the same thing. I was with my boyfriend for 2 years and we rarely spent a day apart. Well the relationship got bad and I wanted out of it for a number of reasons. I ended up finding a new guy and we hit it off and things were going great but then out of the blue one day, I would wake up and be really sad and miss my x. So I would call him or something and we would end up hanging up and usually having sex. Then I would realize that I still didn't want to be with him and I wouldn't talk to him for awhile, and it was just a vicious cycle. I think I was afraid of something new, something different. I was scared of losing that comfortability that I had with my x...not necessarily afraid of losing him forever. Finally I realized that this new guy was so much better and I finally just cut it off with my x for good. The new guy is now my fiance and father to my son. I haven't talked to my x in like 2 years.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:39 PM on May. 27, 2010