does anyone ever worry that buying a dog from internet might be

a puppy mill? i often browse puppies online but i never buy as i'm not in the market but i read how they are home raised blah blah blah but really how do you really know if you never see their home in person. i don't trust online breeders. do you or not and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Pets

• Not only would I check out the pup, but I would want to see the parents and proof of Parvo test...A reputable breeder would have had them vet-checked...Personally Id go with a shelter dog
    judith106

Answer by judith106 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I found my dog online but it was a rescue so I took a chance. I went to see her first and she was just so cute! She's a pit bull mix but I think she was the runt becasue she is small for a pit bull. I love her! She is so sweet and loyal and follows me everywhere. She has such personality too! I would make sure they have papers. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I have been checking out craigslist. I have been bothered by the crazy amount being charged for mixed breeds. I have also read several complaints about puppies being bought with parvo. I want a pure breed. I may just go through a breeder this time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 28, 2010

• op here- i meant internet like when you put in a certain breed and they have links of breeders who are selling pups of that type breed your looking for. i'm fine with craig cause you can go see them for yourself unless your browsing out of state but why would you do that. i would certainly never pay to have a dog delivered to me. unless they took that off the price of the dog but then again i wouldn't buy from online. just wouldn't want to support a puppy mill.
    Anonymous

• yes, and you should worry. Don't ever buy an animal before you see (with your own eyes) where it comes from.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:35 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I have purchased a Fila Brasileiro from Brazil and a Dogo Argentino from Holland. Of course I didn't travel to these countries to visit the kennels. Both breeders traveled with my pups, I paid for their tickets. But, I am very skeptical regarding alot of so called breeders. If I was interested in a breeder here in the states I would travel to visit first. My dogs I have gotten here in the states have been rescues.
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 12:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010