Mary Kay?? Does it really live up to all its hype?

So my good friend wants me to join Mary Kay... I hate wasting my time and money... is it worth it??

Have any ladies experimented with Mary Kay? Were you successful?? I tried Arbonne once and it was a waste. No one wanted to buy it because it was too expensive. Ive been to a few Mary Kay parties, and they were "okay"... UGH I just don't want to get all caught up in a "multi level marketing scheme" again.

Suprisingly Mary Kay is the #1 brand in America. Weird fact.

What do ya'll think???

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 12:05 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• If it's not organic, I don't buy it. I can't stand putting chemicals on my skin. Why would I sell it to someone if I wouldn't buy it?
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My girlfriend started doing it a few months ago. First off, the starter kit costs $100. Then you also end up buying supplies. You have to do it by booking parties, so I hope you know a lot of people. And you can not advertise or go door to door you can only do it through the party structure. So unless you know for a fact that all your friends will keep buying product and supporting you I wouldn't do it. Plus the product is much more expensive than Avon or store brands. The funny thing is that in the marketing of it they say, "this will last a year" well then, guess who won't be selling another one for a whole year. You see? Also I don't feel like they have a lot of choices in colors and products.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I love Mary Kay. I use it all the time. I use to sell. Well not very well. I stayed in to get products at half off. My friend is also pressuring me to sell again. I just don't see how. She is very good at it, has many customers, but can't quit her full time job to have Mary Kay make up the difference. You have to sell the product. If you ever want to get anywhere and actually make money you Must recruit, recruit, recruit. The ones you recruit must do well for you to make money. Just not me. Plus, it is a good size investment to just put products on your shelves. Some are making 6 figures though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I have never cared for it. I do not like the quality.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 2:39 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I like Arbonne, its amazing!

Mary Kay has cancer causing agents like Avon, so in that I think its overpriced.

Emma Weekly

EmmaWeekly.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:07 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Mary Kay has cancer causing agents

So does Arbonne. Just look them up in the cosmeticdatabase.com. I did.

cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 9:35 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I chose to sell Scentsy instead of Avon or Mary Kay. I've made some good money with them! I'm happy to help with details or questions.

http://www.scentsy.com/my2scents

NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 9:42 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I would stay away from MK... Their cosmetics are very overpriced and no better than the stuff you get at RiteAid...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I got out of Mary Kay and a friend's family owns a scrapyard and does the at-home gold parties. It's so much easier. People are a lot more interested when you're giving them money rather than taking it. I was a little worried at first (it seemed sketchy) but I've known the family for a long time & they've owned the yard even longer. They provide the money to pay the guests, you just fill out the check.

They do the parties in a couple of states now since their daughters are spread throughout the country. I think they are still taking on new people: goodasgoldmans.com

I know some other companies do the same. Not sure of their websites, policies... or their honesty. But if you know of anyone that has had a good experience with another company you should check them out. It is really easy. Good luck!

GinaG123648

Answer by GinaG123648 at 12:14 PM on May. 28, 2010

• No sure what you mean about all the hype, just reading the first line I suggest you don't join.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 7:13 PM on May. 28, 2010