wic? my milk has dried up but i dont have a visit till july....

does anyone know if wic will take my food for breast feeding and give me something else????

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 12:08 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know, but what makes you think you don't have milk any more?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:11 AM on May. 28, 2010

• they will give you formula instead of food.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:11 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Call WIC and ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 28, 2010

• just go into their office with your coupons & say you need formula cuz your milk dried up. they might just take your coupons for bf & replace it w/ formula but i'm not sure if they'll do it immediately or if they'll make you wait till next month.
    Anonymous

• Yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 28, 2010

• he is not peeing alot thats how i know plus when i check i dont get anything. ok i will go in tomorrow thanks
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 12:18 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Aw, well, there are ways to get your supply back if you want to. If you want to switch to formula that's okay too, but if you want to continue breastfeeding you could PM me and I'd be happy to help :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:20 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Tell WIC about your son's urine output-that's pretty serious.

They will change your food package, so you won't get the tuna/tofu, etc. They will give you 8-10 cans of formula per month. When your child is 6 months old, you will no longer be eligible for WIC food but your BABY will continue to get WIC until he is 5 years old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 28, 2010

• You don't just dry up overnight... has he not been nursing, or could you be pregnant, or did you start a hormonal BC? Illness, congestion meds, etc..? Go to a food pantry to get some formula if you can't afford to buy a can or two... but address the issue causing the low supply and you won't need formula from WIC
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:24 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I did dry up overnight myself so I understand how you feel. Call WIC and explain to them what is going on. good luck.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:51 AM on May. 28, 2010