banging his head

my baby likes to bang his head almost on anything. not all the time but when he gets upset, when he wakes up in his crib, sometimes agaisnt our heads or chest, and sometimes on the floor... sometimes when he is having a tantrum, when he tries to do something like walk and he can't he might bang his head... or when we are playing with him for a while he will bang his head against ours... just wondering if anyone else has this problem... and if there is a way you can get him to stop. (he is almost a year old.. in like less then 2 weeks) and this started a little over a month ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard of kids doing this, and my son did for just a couple weeks. I'm under the impression that the vast majority of kids just outgrow this given some time. It's just a way to vent frustration or get a reaction from mom and dad.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 12:22 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My daughter is 11 months and she thinks it's funny to bang her head on things. I don't know if it means there's something wrong or not!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 12:24 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i would keep a helmet on him!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:53 AM on May. 28, 2010

• For most part I think its a thing lots of babies go through, but you can always keep him on the couch so he hits his hean on something soft,( litte laugh) my nieghbor patted her whole house so her baby wouldn't hurt his head, because it made her very mad when he didn't stop when she told him to, guess what after she did that the baby stopped hitting his head on the wall, I guess it didn't feel the same.lol. Unless he starts banging his head harder and harder all the time I wouldn't worry about. it too much. but still keep an eye on that. ;I
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:20 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My 10 month old son bangs his head against our chins/face when we're holding him and he's super tired and wants to sleep. Another time he did it is in his crib just to get us to rush in there and pick him up so he didn't have to go to sleep. Well, we won; we didn't rush in there as long as we knew he sounded alright.

He hasn't done it since. Good luck.
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 5:34 PM on May. 28, 2010