Birth control pill question

Im fairly new to b/c pills since I've had an IUD for almost 10 years before having it removed. Anyway, I'm on my last week and I havent started my period. On Sunday I am suppose to start my new pack but I haven't started my period yet. Is this normal? I'm not sure if I should take HPT. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Health

• I am on a birth control pill and according to the timing I am always starting the first Sunday after I started my period and if my period starts on Sunday then the same Sunday. This is what my OBGY told me . Hope it helps !!! :-)
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 12:25 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I was on bc for a LONG time before having kids and my period ALWAYS came on Thursday - which is only 2 days before the end of the pack. As long as you start any day within that last week you should be ok. If you do NOT start, you could take HPT just to ease your mind, but chances are - as long as you have taken them correctly - you will start any time. Also, some women take time adjusting and might miss a period or have very very light periods.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:41 AM on May. 28, 2010