Family Names?

Hate them or love them?

i never used to like the "family name" thing. Maybe because i was named after someone who later disowned us.
anyways, now that my mom is dead i seem to have a desire to find a family name that i like for my next child. ...the problem?? i can't find ANY family names that i like for a girl. ...so whatya do?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:32 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love family names! Both of my girls have names that are a combo of different family names. Maybe if you want to use one of the girls names in your family but you are not liking it too much, you could make it a middle name? Just a thought.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:50 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I tried to stay away from naming my kids after someone because it always seems to offend another relative that you didn't name your kid after. I'm lucky enough to have 2 mother-in-laws (long story, oh, & can you hear the sarcasm?). Anyway, I couldn't use either of them or my mom or the other 2 would be upset. I just stayed away from it all. Plus they have terrible names. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My three kids all have family names. I love that they are named after someone who has significance in their (and our) lives. That was very important to dh and me. Oldest ds's 1st name is the same as dh's and is the 5th in line, although he is not technically a 5th because his middle name is my dad's name. DD's middle name is my first name, and youngest ds's middle name is Jayce, but we took it from dh's brother, mom, and my mom - they all start with JA.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:37 AM on May. 28, 2010

• if i have a boy i'm naming him after my dad. david. i like the name. my dd is named after her great grandmother, elizabeth, who is a really great lady, and i always wanted to name my dd that. if we have a girl i like my great grandmother's name, icy.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:40 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i named my son after his father, who has the same name as his father, they are all christopher. and then i gave my son the middle name joseph, which is my grandfathers name and my fathers middle name. when i have a daughter, since i dont really like my moms first name enough to name my daughter that, im going to give her the same middle name as my mother.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:43 AM on May. 28, 2010

• One of my daughters has a variation of my middle name...which is also my sister's middle name & was our grandma's middle name. My niece's daughter has the same first name as my grandma but has a "K" instead of a "C" so its a little different while still being "in the family". Maybe you could find a middle name of someone in the family that would work as a first name.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:14 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i have a family name, sort of. my dad is joe. and my son is the II but we call him deuce. my daughter was named after my granny and two of my aunts. no problem there.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:18 AM on May. 28, 2010