Ideas to spend time with my hubby and two toddlers without expending money

I am looking for ideas of places or things to do with my hubby and my boy who is 3 and my girl who is almost 2 and myself. If it is possible free any ideas?

Vero529

Asked by Vero529 at 12:40 AM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• me and my SO like to go for walks with our son by a pond we have around here. we take him to the park.
    go sit out by the water and eat lunch.
    unfortunatley, theres not much you can do without money.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:41 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Picnics at neighborhood playground. Walk around the neighborhood. Do you have bkies? If so, get baby seats and go for rides together.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:17 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My family spends time together without spending money all the time. We "wash the car" - which mostly includes squirting each other with hoses and playing with soapy water in buckets with sponges, run through the sprinkler in the yard, go to playgrounds/local parks for hiking, feeding the ducks, etc., in the summer many theaters have free kid movies certain days of the week where popcorn/drink combo is $2 (but you don't HAVE to buy the $2 concessions), bike rides, local museums (some are free all the time, some have free days), farmers market is always fun to go to and see the different vendors and fruits/veggies, swimming at our neighborhood pool, etc.

Answer by missanc at 8:26 AM on May. 28, 2010

• that is why i join the zoo, pay once and it is free to me the rest of the year. we also have great local parks and splash parks. do you have any neighbor friends with pools? we do that alot. also with the summer comming there should be street fairs (yes i do end up spending money on fair foods but they are so good!) free family concerts in town squares and parks. the library often has groups for kids in the summer. parades are great too. look at the web page for your local paper and see if there is an events section.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:26 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Family game nights; nature hikes; local playgrounds/sandboxes; storytime at the library or local book store; craft day at home; baking, candy making or cooking with the children, etc.

Camp outs in the backyard, complete w/hot dogs & smores.

Beach day in the backyard w/a kiddie pool, homemade slushies, & sunbathing (w/lots of sunscreen, of course!)

Home Depot offers free project days, usually on Saturdays, for parents & kids (materials are all free).

Car cruises at local restaurants are big around here, so maybe see if they are where you live.

Long walks around the neighborhood or you can use bicycles w/a trailer or seats for the kids.

Go to local parades, concerts in the park, movies in the park, etc.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:51 AM on May. 28, 2010

• picinic and playground day. We have indoor bouncehouses that are 5 for an hour. Totally worth it. Our local community center offers free outdoor movies. I guess a lot depends on what kind of town you live in. My youngest likes to walk the bridge in town to watch the dolphins and stingrays play in the water and watch the cruise ship come in. Story time. Ou local McDonalds offers kids eat free nights and that to me would be worth an occassional splurge.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:13 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Here are some cheap things that we like to do:
    family night-- sometimes it is games, sometimes pizza/movie, road trips--- get in the car and see where we end up, go to the Zoo-- there is a free Zoo about an hour away, take a walk on the walking path. go play at one of the parks, go to the library, our city offers concerts in the park, our city has a free beach and a free kiddie pool, we joined a museum 1 hr away-- and with that we get free admission for a year....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:17 AM on May. 28, 2010

• thank you ladies , I am writing all the ideas you gave me and see if i can out them on practice !!!!! :-)
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 8:20 PM on May. 31, 2010

• There is something called Movies in the Park where I live. http://www.moviesintheparklr.net/

See if there is anything like it in your area.

lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2010