• In the Spotlight:

What do you think of parents that smoke with their kids in the car?

I saw a father at the gas station tonight smoking with his 6ish year old a 3ish year old in the car. and they didn't even have a carseat for the 3ish year old.

i was completely disgusted... he couldn't even step out of the car for a second.

Kalebs_mommy23

Asked by Kalebs_mommy23 at 1:07 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Kids not in a proper child restraint--bad. It's also very dangerous and against the law. Smoking while pumping gas---dangerous! And I'm pretty sure it's also against the law. I would have got his license plate number and called the police to report this! Some people don't even think about the enormity of their irresponsible actions! That's why we need laws.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:22 AM on May. 28, 2010

• They shouldn't be allowed to have kids
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• They shouldnt have kids or smoke at gas stations
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I would have called the cops.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on May. 28, 2010

• lol what would the cops have done? laughed at you?

My DH smokes in the car when our baby and toddler are in it. I don't like smoking but he's a grown man and their father. He's gonna do it and it's not something I'm going to leave him over... get over yourselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I think its not my place to judge others. I am sure they know it is not not good for them. But there is nothing that can be done about it. They dont care what people think about them.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:15 AM on May. 28, 2010

• its ridic...which is why its illegal to smoke with minors in the car now...California
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:44 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I'm more surprised at these answers.
    I wouldn't leave my DH for smoking either... but I'd definitely not let him do it.
    some of the shit women put up with, jeez.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on May. 28, 2010

• If my Dh did that I would ring his neck!! I am glad he is a REAL man and not that selfish. He quit smoking when He found out we were expecting! He is a good man. Second hand smoking is awful. My friend's parents smoked around him all the time when he was little and he has breathing problems now and he is 30.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:46 AM on May. 28, 2010

• anon :14

yeah you can thank your husband when you baby and toddler have asthma or lung cancer...get over yourself and i would think that your kids health is more important than your husbands cancer stick habit..but whatever, yeah be proud that you stick by a man who is killing your kids while you watch and not even say anything, because he's your husband right?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:46 AM on May. 28, 2010