help please!!

My dd is 3 (will be 4 in july) right now she goes to preschool 4 days a week 2 hours a day. I am looking for something for her to do this summer. the zoo and the childrens museum are too spendy for me...anyone have any ideas? BTW we live in Portland, OR!
THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• oh and also i was talking about something where i would not go with her...I feel like it is good for her and for me to have a LITTLE break....I am not talking about ALL day just like 2-3 hours a few days a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Do any of the churches around you have a summer MDO program?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on May. 28, 2010

• the library tgey sometimes have reading time,or activities also churches hace great activities.
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:07 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Tons of stuff here!! Omsi (but a bet expensive) The zoo ( $2 Tuesdays, the second tuesday of the month) The childrens museum. Also During the summer there is an activity bus that goes to different parks (milwaukie area, mt.scott park, portland area) and bring all materials to build/create fun things like masks, paper mache, etc. and its completely free. Another fun thing is Mt. Scott park swimming. Pretty inexpensive.

( http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/ ) <-- another helpful link

stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:25 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Sorry >.< just read you mentioned the childrens museum already
    stenhouse_baby

• Look into your local community center and city sponsored programs. They often have fun classes which are very affordable for young children. Good luck!
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:26 AM on May. 28, 2010